About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Monday, July 23, 2007

3 days after the spaz.

I'm getting conflicting opinions about what to do about my back. I am fully mobile. I can walk, and move around- maybe a bit slower but I think I'm just being cautious. It only hurts when I sit down. And after about 20 minutes, it starts to persist and I have to get up and walk around. It's not tragic. Bothersome, yes. But clearly not the end of my dream career as a stripper. I will probably call my doctor if it is still bothering me tomorrow. However I have been told that I need to call Employee Health and go through the whole workers comp thing. Simply because it happened here. Ok, I call bullshit on that one- but I will make a call and find out. There is a lot of red tape mumbo jumbo here, and I just want to do the right thing.

So I called Employee health and told her the story. The very nice assistant manage of the until said that they cannot make a determination of this is work related or not. (Ok, it’s NOT.) I just happened to be AT work. It’s not like I tripped over bad carpet or was picking up something heavy.

She said “Now we can’t tell you what to do and of course it is your choice, but that is the opinion of the Employee Heath clinic to have it checked our by our doctor and let him decide.

Here’s the process….

Fill out 4 forms.
Go to the Employee Health Annex with is down stairs here at the hospital.
Have SECURITY drive me over to Occupational Health which is in another BUILDING, 7 miles from here.
Have the doctor there check me out- so that he can determine if this is a work related injury or not. (Ok, it's NOT.)

Did I mention how I GOT hurt??

Yeah, I don’t think so. I will go to my doctor and say that this was not work related- cause it wasn’t. I am a generally clumsy person and if I trip over my feet and break my foot- that’s not a work related injury unless I was in a fashion show for scrubs. If I was bending over to pick up a box, or the phone or anything else- THAT would be work related.

This is not. I don't have time to mess with it. I don't have time to be injured.

I have to take the e-husband to the emergency room.

2 comments:

Blissfully Wed said...

Ugh. I know of back pain all too well.

Good luck your way.

~Him

Heidi said...

don't blow off the workers comp.

you know how this back stuff is.

it could go away.

it could drag on.

it could become something worse. if something happens in the future it is best to have this history documented and connected. a future work related injury could be turned down because you didn't try to relate this one to work.

it happened at work therefore it is work related. don't turn down the stuff they are legally obligated to cover. you just never know if this could come back to haunt you in the future.