About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Time OUT!!!!

If your kids are different sexes, or if you just have one, or if there is a decent age spread between them- you may not understand my thoughts here.

It's 8:55 AM. And I am ready to lock them in the closet. These two boys- too close in age- are fighting before they even wake up, it seems. Always fighting over toys, chairs, whatever. The 'playing together' consists of wrestling and pushing. It is counter productive for me to yell or to bash thier heads together, but I find myself doing it anyway (the yelling, not the bashing)

They are currently sitting on the floor, in front of the couch- on either sides of me- having been threatened with sudden death. The have been sitting quietly for the last three minutes. I know that time out should not last longer than thier age in minutes, but this may be the only silence I have all day.

It's a bad day when taking the day off is more stressful than going to work.

9 minutes.... I still don't feel bad.

No comments: