About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Politics, shmolitics... Go Fight Win.

I got this email from Deanna. I don't always forward emails like this, so posting it here is a bit different for me. I don't know about the validity of this being written by a NJ housewife. I try not to get political or share my views because sometimes my thoughts are merely emotional and maybe not always rational and I always try to make decisions based on rationale, not emotion. I have no true political party. Maybe I'm a conservative Democrat, or maybe I'm a liberal republican. It depends on the topic. I don't know how I feel about a woman in the White House. I don't know if I should trust Barack Obama, but I'm sure Ed will tell me I should, and why. I think that John Edwards is cute but, emotionally, I don't know how I feel that he is continuing his bid for the White House when his wife is struggling with cancer.

I voted for John Kerry in the last election because I agreed with MORE of his views than George W. I printed out all the info on both candidates and their positions on the issues, and put a plus or minus if I agreed or disagreed. I tallied it up, and the highest number won my vote. And it wasn't by a landslide.

Politically, I am undecided and I make no excuses for being uneducated on some of the things that go on in the world. In some ways, I just am..

But I got this email, and take it or leave it, I agree.



An Excellent Letter

Here's one woman who is telling it like it is...in her opinion!
Written by a housewife from New Jersey and sounds like this is one pissed off lady.

"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001?

Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania? Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?
And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet...Well, I don't.
I don't care at all.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia .
I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and
fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.

I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this:
I don't care.

When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been humiliated in what amounts to a college-hazing incident, rest assured:
I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank:
I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your
heart of hearts:


I don't care.
And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and - you guessed it:
I don't care!!!!

And may I add:
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem." Ronald Reagan

"If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." also by... Ronald Reagan

One last thought for the day:
In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in. And how many want out."

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.





One died for your soul, the other for your freedom."

4 comments:

Jaws said...

I am so sickened by the anti American bullshit lately as well as the president bashing.
Who do these people think they are?! Do they think they can do better?
Would they sit by and do nothing if their people(family) were being slaughtered out of jealousy?!
We are our governments children, our presidents children, his family, his responsibility. Did you expect him to fly to Iraq after 911 and wag his finger disapprovingly?!
Did you think he was going to put them in time out until they said "sorry"?!
No, he fucking destroyed their way of life. He put an end to needless murders, he made it so every person that died on 9/11 was avenged.
And now we've made it our responsibility to repair Iraq, to improve the world we live in. To try to help a country reform and bring peace.

Now tell me, how the hell can you argue with that logic?

Anyone who doesn't like it here in America is welcome to LEAVE.

d-man said...

The 11/9 attackers were Iraqi?

Trixie said...

No, D-man, Iraq DID NOT ATTACK US ON 9-11. Seems to me that some people will believe any bullshit spewed by our President! Another sheep, following the wicked farmer!

Jaws said...

Oh I forgot it was our own government that blew up those buildings, just so they could go and steal all the oil just to charge us all 3$ a fucking gallon.

At least this sheep doesn't own an Ipod or Iphone.