About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

How did I get into this big fat mess??

So I joined a team for this Biggest Loser thing at work. Three people to a team and the most percentage of weight loss to total body weight wins. $25 per person. I am not sure why I joined, I think I felt a little bit of pressure. My boss was very excited about doing it and asked me but I originally declined. I tend to feel too much pressure praying or dieting in groups. After a few (more than one) comments being made about me being allergic to exercise and eating healthy, I was both mortified, angry and hurt. I don't know what made me decide to do it- but I suspect it was Guilt and and her twatty sister Shame.

So I have to figure out a way to change my outlook on this otherwise it will totally backfire and I will just gain weight.

On a much gloomier note, the e-husband is being released from the hospital today and he's about as cheerful as a deer at a gun rally. He's only staying until tomorrow morning- and I had plans tonight- so much for that. sheesh...

I promise I will have a more cheerful post soon.

6 comments:

Lori M said...

Yes, but TODAY is Wednesday. Any big plans??? :)

So awesome that you posted the little Muncher's pix (as we so affectionately call him). Too cute.

As far as the weight loss deal, don't let anybody guilt you into anything. You do what you want to do when you want to do it. I feel like I barely have time to work out or cook "healthy" dinners and I don't have two kids (soon to be three) and I'm not in school full-time. You've got a lot on your plate, and some people need to realize that and shut the hell up. One thing I will say though. A great way to have fun while losing weight (and I know you'll love this) is dancing. There are some pretty fun dance/workout DVDS on Amazon.com. Ris bought Latin Rhythms Core Workout and we feel like idiots, but it's fun! Love ya! Lo

Krista said...

I am so allergic to diet and excersise, you shouldn't let other people trick you into feeling bad cos they do, that's psychological!

Oh and yes you can totally use the hopscotch picture, it would thrill me!

take care xo

d-man said...

Deers can use guns?

LadyXandria said...

I hate when people guilt me into doing something I really don't want to do, but what I hate even more is the fact that I cave in to that BS. Whatever happened to "no means no"? If I say I don't wanna do something why can't people just let that be? Why do you have to pressure me into a corner?

LMAO @ D-Man's comment.

Indigo said...

Best of luck to you in your Biggest Loser "thing". I think you'll do fine. Do the rules say you have to do this yourself, or can you utilize something like Weight Watchers?

Dat Guy ! said...

Sheesh, is right!

Who came up with this one! Sounds like something that shouldn't be in the Workplace. Group-think, and insults, are a bad mix.

~~You're probably fine, as is. Don't be pushed into doing something that's only going to set you up for abuse. Tell 'em to go pound salt!!

(Just my opinion. I'm not at my best right now, and this kind got my blood boiling. Never liked bullies!)

xx,res~~(still alive, and taking a peek)