About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

so you better treat her right,,,

I'm in the middle of midterms and of course this week is Neuroscience Nurses Week AND the week of the Stroke Awareness Day in the hospital that I have so bravely taken on the responsibility of coordinating like super women. Yeah, the things that will determine my education and my career- all in the same week. wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

I am working on balancing a little at a time. For instance I worked on my Marketing final for half the day, worked on my 8 page Quality Improvement Paper this evening, and tomorrow I will add Finance to that mix- dabbling in that a bit, until Wednesday night. Wednesday the paper is due and my Marketing Exam, as well as the Stroke Awareness Day- so that means I can spend all Wednesday night and Thursday studying for my 5PM Finance exam.

Friday, I rest. And Saturday I take the boys and we spend a few days with the e-husband at his parents place by the lake. Ahhh, three to four days of three OTHER adults watching the boys and I am there merely to supervise and as backup. I have been told that I can nap, write, or even visit friends that live in the area. If the weather is nice, we will actually go in the lake, but there's also a pool, a park, and a mini-golf course nearby. It's almost like a vacation- but one that I don't have to pay for. I am looking forward to it like you would not believe. I may even get a haircut. I plan to watch movies, nap, write and maybe start some potty training stuff, so that the following weekend (which I have also arranged as a 4 day weekend) I can get Daniel potty trained. I find this to be so challenging, and Daniel for all of his cuteness, is really a little trouble maker. Behind that cute little smile is the makings of a jewel thief. (I still think his middle name should have been "Ocean"- I should have been braver cause that is what I really wanted.)

Speaking of being braver, I managed to get out of that Biggest Loser Competition. I admit that I did not want to do it and I felt guilted into doing it. But I said I would and I had every intention to go along with the team that we put together. On thursday one of that gals seemed like she didn't want to do it. When she realized she would have to come in on her day off to weigh in, she decided against it. So I told the other girl, as I was leaving, "If you find someone else to be on our team, then we can all go in tomorrow to weigh in. Let me know, leave me a note of something if you find a third person." When I came in on Friday, there was no note- so I got out of it. I planned to be brave and stick it out if I had to- but I am relieved that I don't have to. Next time I will simply smile and say. "Maybe I am allergic to exercise and eating right but perhaps you need to go on the "Shut the fuck up" diet, cause that would benefit us both.

2 comments:

Beginning with "B" said...

:)

Well. That WAS a more cheerful post!

Good for you!

xx,adam b.

Heidi said...

if you're allergic to exercise, they're allergic to being ok with who they are right now. enjoy the freedom of normal eating.