About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

What I learned from Spiderman 3


Dark and angry boys are hot.

also....

People should not be allowed to bring little kids to the movies. I'm sorry, I HAVE kids so I think it's ok for me to have this opinion. When you are watching kids movies like Sponge Bob or movies where animals talk, then you expect kids. Children crying, and running around.

Just because Spiderman is a cartoon character, does not mean that 6 year olds should see it in the movies.

Fritz the Cat is a cartoon character too.

We sat next to a stroller with a newborn baby. Maybe two months old. Luckily the baby slept through most of the movie, and when she work up, mom was quick to nurse her, and then she fell back asleep. That was the ONLY parent with a child in the theater who didn't make a sound. God love her.

The parents of the other 10 kids that were there, were jerks. A two year old got scared when the movie got loud. A 5 year old was running back and forth in the isles. Some child who was sitting as close to the center of the theater as possible started crying about 20 minutes to the end, and didn't stop.

Kids should not be expected to sit quietly through a 2 hour and 20 minute movie. Or any movie where there is no Sponge-man, or talking animal, so hearing the parent trying to quiet the child who is fucking terrified of the evil man on the 20 foot screen, only makes everyone despise you more. So, if you HAVE to be that kind of a jerk who can't get a sitter but insists on seeing a movie that a child should not be at, then at least remove the child when she starts to cry and doesn't stop.

I beg of you.

If it wasn't for dark and angry boys, I may have had a bad experience.

5 comments:

Blissfully Wed said...

I'd like to be hero to the world and open a theater where no one ever has to deal with that.

~Him

Tammie Jean said...

OMG I agree! I really don't get it when I see babies and little kids at rated-R movies, especially. Are they surprised that the kids are scared? They're in a big dark room full of big, scary noises! And bored? Even little ones get bored during Sponge Bob. But like you said, at least during SB you expect little ones running through the isles.

Krista said...

Hi, thanks for commenting on my blog. I also found you through 25peeps and have been reading since I put myself on there.

10 kids is INSANE!! seriously... I hope there aren't a lot of kids when I go see it. My patience has been worn down for kids... for now.

d-man said...

So the movie is worth seeing, so long as there are no kids...?

LadyXandria said...

I am so with you on that. I love children, but it irks me to no end to hear crying kids in public places like that where the parents don't try to take them outside. They should add that to the front of the movie... no cell phones, no talking and no crying babies please.