About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

What HNT has done for me.



I think the best thing about Half Nekkid Thursday is that it allows you to see yourself in a different way. It also gives you a glimpse of how other people see you. It's done wonders for my confidence and the way I see myself- as well as changing my view of other people. There's something beautiful, and creative, and sexy about everyone.

While I always thought I was attractive enough, I rarely felt like I was the best looking girl in the room. I was always first to point out that I'm overweight, or too short, or my hair is dated and wild. I rarely looked at myself and thought, "Damn- I'm hot." I tried hard to stay out of the pictures. When I started blogging, and then Half Nekkid Thursdays, it started to change. It feels good to post a picture of myself, and then getting the compliments from people who are also celebrating themselves. It's awesome. I spend hours lurking the HNT pages and seeing amazing people of all shapes and sizes showing themselves off from EVERY angle. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that I look forward to Thursdays and getting Half Nekkid.

Thanks Os!

Go see Os and find out who else is feeling beautiful today!!!

20 comments:

My Fiancee is Hot © said...

Very true

Lovely pic

HHNT

Osbasso said...

We are a complimentary bunch of folks, aren't we?

So glad you're with us, too!

J Morgetron said...

Amen to that.

HHNT!
-J

Moosekahl said...

You've got the right handle on what this is all about. Happy HNT!

Jessica said...

I second the Amen, sista!

Happy HNT!!

Lolly said...

YOU are lovely, Indeed!

I love your hair!

LushlyMe said...

That is so beautiful! HHNT!

Richard said...

Nice pic! Thanks!

Vixen said...

What you said here:

There's something beautiful, and creative, and sexy about everyone.

*absolutely*

That is a beautiful picture of you. :)

happyHNT!!!

Blissfully Wed said...

It does the same for me. Day to day, no one gives me a second glance.

I do love your pics and words. You're beautiful.

HHNT!

lecram sinun said...

Yes, HNT is that and can be more. Love the pics!

Not up at my regular blog but here http://sinunpic.blogspot.com/

Cheers and Happy HNT!

Tammie Jean said...

This is a breath-taking portrait Julie!!! I love your expression, and the black and white - you look beautiful!

And this is so true:
"There's something beautiful, and creative, and sexy about everyone."

Lapis Ruber said...

Such a beautiful and thoughtful picture. Thanks. HHNT

~ J ~ said...

I couldn't agree more... HNT is very liberating! I love it :)
Happy HNT

tkkerouac said...

Very true, what a wonderful post, Happy HNT!

Stealth said...

you stated it perfectly

Regal said...

Simply beautiful - Happy HNT

LadyXandria said...

Truer words were never spoken. Its kind of freeing participating in HNT. It's like it unlocks some secret door to your soul.

And don't ever doubt your beauty girl, cuz you are stunning.

HHNT!

BTExpress said...

I agree with you 1,000%. My opinion of myself has gone up considerably since I started posting HNT. I still don't think that I'm all "that", but others seem to do in one way or the other, so I'll take it!

BTW, I love your hair. Happy HNT!

Beginning with "B" said...

Yes, dear.
When I was participating, I felt the same way. (I found I could look upon my skinny ass w/pride![lol!])

~~Who knows, maybe, if Os hasn't completely written me off as a nut-job...I may just appear again. (He better watch out!)~~

THen again, I enjoy seeing those I love each THursday..so, I always come see you & rest...
well..That's History.

Happy HNT!

xx,b/CAIN ~ ~ Bottoms Up, too!