About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, August 31, 2007

The "dick" talk begins.

So Danny is sitting on the potty, he just isn't using it yet. At least not at home. Sometimes at school he does, but he is not at the point where he feels his body and goes running for the potty.

He IS, however, at the point that he's realized that he HAS a penis. And he realizes that it's fun to play with while SITTING on the potty. I sit in the bathroom with him, to the side, out of the strike zone. And try to encourage him to put his pee in the potty. It's a weird sentence, like 'put your clothes in the hamper' or 'put the lotion in the basket'.

So Danny and I are having 'potty chats' when he starts to examine the pee-pee. HIS pee-pee. He starts to push on it, making it disappear. Pulling on it, to see how far it streches. Push, pull. Push, pull. Until my 3 1/2 year old has inadvertantly given himself a 3 year olds erection. A baby boner. I try to ignore this obvious fact, and ask him if he has to pee. I am torn between hysterical and horrified- but play it off as if this is the most normal thing in the world. I try to ignore that he's now hitting it, from underneath, so it hits him in the pelvis and boing boing boings back into place. He is sort of laughing and a bit shocked because this is clearly something new and fun to do.

Then, he looks up at me with a big grin and says "MOMMY it's GIANT!!!"

2 comments:

Osbasso said...

Ah, one of the joys of childhood that the women will never get to experience! The baby boner!

Tammie Jean said...

LOL! I remember my little brother discovering his... he got this deep growly voice as he announced "Biiiiiiiiig pee pee... biiiiiiiig pee pee."