About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

PSA on PDA

I was looking through my sons paperwork for Jr High School this morning. I went to this Junior High school for a little while. I transferred half way thru 7th grade due to an unfortunate incident with a boy named "Alvin" and Princes Purple Rain.

Anyway, I read through what I feel are the pertinent rules and regs. No weapons, no drugs- duh. The dress code. No slippers, pajama's, belt buckles with initials.

Huh? Belt buckles with initials?? Is this a fad that I missed??



No hats, caps, bandanas, hairnets, scarves, headbands, or sweatshirt hoods.

Ok I specifically remember wearing hats in Jr. High. Beret's were popular, as well as the Duran Duran hats. I had one of those. Bandanas, scarves and headbands... all that. I wore all of that. Maybe there are trying to avoid this.



Sweatshirt hoods? What if it's cold? What if it's raining. Hello- no hoodies?? It figures! There's always come fuckin clown screwin it up for the kids that just want to keep their ears warm.





------------



Also under the General Sudent Conduct I came across their Public Display of Affection policy. There is a POLICY for this now....

*No Kissing
*No Hand Holding
*No Hugging

No hugging??? No hand holding?? Jeez, I remember how many times I was kissed at my locker (which they no longer have). I remember what a ginormous monumental deal it was to have my hand held on the way to my classes. And hugging?? Really? Is hugging such a big deal? Maybe they are trying to avoid what looks like hugging, but it really dry humping. I mean, I guess kids can be leaning up against each other in that holding patter and claim that they are just hugging. I guess you can't put a time limit on hugging so they just outlawed it all together. I guess you don't want kids makin out on the campus, but really, didn't we ALL do it there??


But really... no hugging or hand holding? What is so wrong with mild public displays of affection? Is this Invasion of the Body Snatchers? Show no emotion.




How ever do you identify that you are 'going out' with someone if you are not allowed to hold hands. That is a very good way to let the other girls know that he's goin out with you. He's holding my hand, back off bitches!!!

It's not only about showing affection, it's about showing ownership!!

1 comment:

D-Man said...

What kind of a ninja school doesn't allow weapons?