About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

The "no bullshit" kid.



On the weekends, I love my morning coffee. Sometimes I will only have one cup, other mornings I will have 3 or 4 cups. It depends on how much I made, or how much I have to do. This morning is pretty slow.

Yesterday I went shopping at Kohls with the gift certificate I bought for my birthday. I bought stuff for the beasties, and something for Sarah, my step daughter, and a birthday present for ehusband. Whose birthday is tomorrow. New slippers. I got him a good pair that is normally $40. I got them for 17.99. SCORE!!! I also got several other items for mostly 50% off.


I often catch myself saying I only have 3 kids. But I have 4. I don't talk about Sarah much, because she doesn't live with me- nor does she live in California. She's 14 going on 30- and I don't mean that in a bad way. Ever since she was young, she was always a smart girl. She doesn't seem to be afflicted with the teenage angst that so many other teen girls I know. She's extremely polite and well mannered. She has such a great attitude and is not bothered when people don't like her. She is quirky, into comic book heroes like the X-men. We have very little in common, Sarah and me. Phone conversations and emails are short and sweet. When she was younger, we both loved N'Sync. We had that. Last night I was adding my N'Sync CD's to my iTunes (that's right bitches!!) and I was thinking about her and how much I miss the funny little smile she had when she was 5. sigh.

Having given birth to all boys, Sarah is the only daughter I have even though her living out of state, and her dad and I being separated makes for a very distant relationship. We get along pretty well- I think that is because she is mature beyond her age and we did not have to bullshit her about what was going on with her dad so she trusts me to be straight with her. I remember she came to visit me in the hospital after I gave birth to Danny, and her dad moved out cause he was using. (it was one hell of a weekend) and she sat on the edge of my hospital bed and cried a little bit, and whispered, "I'm so mad at him for not being here to help you. I'm sorry mom." She was 10.

I remember once she asked me about her period. What exactly that meant. She had asked her mom and got a clinical-ish explanation that she didn't understand. So she asked me, the 'other mom' and I told her, "You bleed out of your vagina for 5-7 days every month. This goes on until you are about 45-50. It really really sucks." She was pretty happy with that answer. She was 9.

Non drama. Low maintenance, high maturity. It's too bad we have so little in common, cause really- she's the kind of daughter I can handle.

1 comment:

D-Man said...

Awwwww.