About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Pain the the chest

As I type, I am sitting in the Emergency Room in the hospital I work at. This morning at around 10:50, I started getting chest pains. It lasted about 5 or 6 minutes. it was kind of a crushing pain. Made me a little dizzy. No shortness of breath. It was mildly scary. I called a nurse over and she took my blood pressure, it was elevated (144/98), and called the manager. They put me on a telemetry monitor and they said that it was a little abnormal (but my boss said later that it was fine). So then I came down to the ER cause they said I really should- even if it's nothing.

Fast forward 5 hours to now. I had to get all undressed and in the fucking gown. They have taken blood, and stuck these tubes up my nose with oxygen blowing up my nose. Gave me some aspirin. The labs came back normal, and now I am waiting. The nurse said they are going to repeat the blood test. So who the hell knows how long I will be here. At least I have my lap top.

And I have been watching several hours of Hannah Montana, because it is way better than the daytime TV bullshit that is on. It is weird though, being the one in the ER bed. My boss came by for a few minutes. I got some work done, which I know is screwing up the heart monitors on me, cause I am not sitting completely still. But I was still for the first three hours. My blood pressure is back to normal. I'm hungry. They just took the blood and she said the results should be back in an hour. We'll see. Did I mention that I'm hungry??

This is so ridiculous. I am feeling stupid for even doing this. I feel fine. Really, fine.

3 comments:

Osbasso said...

Ack! Don't die on us!

Tammie Jean said...

How scary! I hope you're feeling better.

Chris said...

Wow. We're clearly on some bizarre wavelength, because I was admitted to the hospital Sunday with arrhythmia(top heart rate: 250). Had to have an ablation on Monday and am now recovering. Hope your heart weirdness turned out better than mine! :)