About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Blech-day to me.

36. I'm 36 years old. I celebrated my 36th birthday by having the annual birthday alaskan king crab legs with my dad and sibs who share the birthday week with me. I came home to food poisoning.

Maybe I wasn't poisoned. I didn't FEEL poisoned. One of the girls at work was hospitalized with food poisoning. Granted, around midnight, I thought about going to the ER, because I was sweating and freezing. Vomiting and everything else unpleasant until this afternoon. I have stopped vomiting, but the everything else unpleasant is still in full force. Lovely. I'm still sweating and freezing. I spent most of the day in bed with the air conditioning on, under an electric blanket. So while I don't FEEL poisoned, I still feel really fucken lousy.

I'm going to hope that this birthday is not indicative of the entire year- I don't think my ass can take it. ugh...

3 comments:

SoCal Sal said...

Oh my, that’s not good. Hopefully many more non-poisonous B-Days to come

Osbasso said...

"I don't think my ass can take it..." Ha! So many ways to go here...

Sorry you had such a bad couple of days. Love the annual crab thing though!

golfwidow said...

I hope you're feeling better now, so I can say that I didn't want your memory of my birthday greeting to be associated with food poisoning (as opposed to realizing that I've only just gotten time to catch up on reading and totally missed your birthday 'cos I suck).