About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

The aquarium

We went to the Long Beach aquarium yesterday. It would cost $65 for two adults and two kids, so I bought an annual membership so we can go again and I put all 4 kids on it. Viola! Something to DO on the weekends. Somewhere to GO when there is nothing to do.

Things I learned at the aquarium:

1) Grown ups dig fish. They dig fish so much that they also want to stand right up against the glass, not wanting to let small, short children stand up against the glass.


2) Kids dig fish. There is something that is very calming about watching a tank full of fish. If you can keep the kids staring into the tank for long enough, they DO get quiet.


3) EVERYONE calls clown fish, "Nemo Fish" And yes, the blue tangs are "Dori Fish" and they had a tank that was filled with Nemo and Dori Fish. Gabe asked, "Which one is the REAL Nemo and Dori mom?"



4) Jellyfish are creepy, and not always pink like in Spongebob Squarepants.

See all the pics in my Flick'r badge to the left.
Had a great time, even though Danny was really being a pain. Perhaps with more outings he will be better, either that or he just doesn't get to go next time.


1 comment:

Heidi said...

beautiful photos. when I went to the Oregon coast aquarium, the sharks were very difficult to capture, too fast.