About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Do you have the time??

Last week was Daylight Savings. I don't know if it ended, or began- but I know that I woke up on Sunday morning and the clock on the cable box, cell phone and PC were different than the ones on the wall and I thought I was going insane.

"If you have one clock, you know the time. If you have more than one you're never really sure."

Yeah. Like that.

So after some research, which was calling Cheryl and asking her,"Is it fucking daylight savings or am I insane?" I realized that yes, the clocks went forward. Seemed too early for that- but whatever. I'm not about to fight the system on it.

Even though for half the year it stays light until 7:30 PM and it's been that way my entire life, I am never used to it. I never expect it. It is always weird to me, even though it should be as normal as it getting dark at 6. Of course I tend to be resistant to certain things that happen all the fucking time, like being called "Mrs."

I usually wake up in the morning around 6. That is what time my alarm goes off. But all week, I have been waking up at 5. (the old 6). So I've gained nothing. I'm actually losing sleep, right? I'm all confused. Is 5AM what used to be 6AM, or is that 7? Exactly what happened to the extra hour of sleep I allowed myself when I changed my work schedule to take the kids to school in the morning??

Maybe I am just insane.

Either way. it's early, I'm up.

No comments: