About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Honor. Courage. Commitment.

If the Army and the Navy Ever gaze on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the streets are guarded By United States Marines.
At the completion of the ceremony the music played, from Anchors Away and cut into the Marine hymn. I did not even bother to fight back the tears, because they were of joy and pride and even now I write this I am still choked up by it all.


My brother retired after 22 years in the Marine Corp. Master Sgt. Rom receiving an American Flag.

Fuck yeah.


Waiting at attention.


In formation, I love this. Rick was saying that during the first retirement ceremony he did, he was standing in the back of the formation, just hoping not to fall over. They stood like this the entire ceremony.


Gratuitous pic of the really hot Marine who was right in front of me. C'mon Rick- hook a sistah up!!!


Master Sgt. Rom, giving his farewell speech. It was a touching and emotional speech in which he ended by saying that he will remember the hundreds of American and Iraqi soldiers (that he trained) who have died in this war.

You have made us all so proud.
Congratulations Rick.



No comments: