About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Free Rice- it will make you smarter!

I am sick this week. My head is congested and I'm dizzy and I'm tired. So tired, but I can't sleep because when I lay down I can't breathe. So I stayed home did some homework and watched TV.

Drew Barrymore donated one million dollars to the World Food Programme and I was moved by her story. I went to the website and it found a link to this site called Free Rice. It's a game, and for every word you get get correct, the advertisers will donate 20 grains of rice. I played for about 10 minutes and donated 1600 grains of rice. I have read that a cup of rice is about 7200 grains, so I guess in 10 minutes I donated 1/4 cup. I also learned that my vocabulary is not as bad as I thought, I just don't USE the big words that are in my head.... for example: enamor means captivate, and billow means surge. I got those right, and I didn't even know that I knew it!! So see I'm learning too. You can save your options and keep track of how many grains you donate. Lets all donate a cup of rice!!



Click it and play!!

1 comment:

D-Man said...

Get well soon!