About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

catching up.

I haven't updated in a week. I know.... but if I told you that nothing was going on, would you believe me??

yeah, me either.

So Graduation is however many days left that is says on the counter up there. Add 22 days and guess where I'm going??

NEW YORK BITCHES!!!!!

I have decided that to celebrate ME, I'm taking a trip to New York City to commemorate the occasion. I have a small list of places to see and a LONG list of places to drink!! Woo hoo!!!!!

I have serious senior-itis. I just need to be done with this semester and move on to Grad School. My 4 classes this semester are keeping me really busy, but my mind is always wandering off to other things.

Oh yeah, and the e-husband was back in the hospital again and is back home again. whatever.....

On a sad note, my brother in law died a few nights ago. (husbands side) He was in a car accident in his work truck (Peterbilt) about three weeks ago. The truck went off the freeway and smashed into concrete below. My 9 year old nephew was lucky to get out with just a scratch- but my brother in law was not so lucky, So after a three week battle, he went into organ failure and passed away on Monday night.

He was a rough guy. He lived a rough life, but was doing his best to make things good for his kids. He and I were not exactly friends this past year but in a different time, he was very helpful to me. When e-husband was out and using drugs, he took care of me. He called me every day, checked on me- gave me advice and support and helped me through some very hard nights when I did not feel strong enough. I will always be grateful to him for that, even if he turned against me a bit when e-husband and I separated. No matter that there are some questions regarding the accident. It's family, and it's very sad for my sister in law, for their two children, for his adult children and for his parents and siblings. Nobody is perfect, and he never claimed to be. But I know he had a decent heart and he will be missed.

3 comments:

Blissfully Wed said...

My thoughts are with you and yours.

D-Man said...

Horrible.

golfwidow said...

I'm so very sorry.