About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

All this aggravation ain't satisfactioning me.

The e-husband is back in the hospital. He went in yesterday for the usual round of business- saline-potassium-insulin-narcotic cocktail. Today he is annoyed and 'wants out of here.' I am annoyed and want him to stop talking. I know that it's not nice for me to tell him to shut the fuck up. It's insensitive. But I have a list of shit that pisses me off about this. I won't go into all of them, but today for instance is a perfect example of what bothers me about that 'man o mine.'

He asked me to bring him some clothes. Cause he just won't WEAR the hospital garb. Ugh, but no problem. So I get the boys settled. Alex is ok to sit with them for less than an hour. But after a few minutes of listening to him bitch, he gave me the receipt for the ER co-payment he gave them. Paid with my money, that he didn't HAVE to pay- cause those hospital fuckers are supposed to WAIVE the ER copay when you are admitted. So he paid it, without calling me first so I could tell him, "no, you have been admitted to the hospital- they waive that fee.' Did I mention he paid it with my money? The money I don't have?? Yeah, that's the stuff.

So annoyed and trying to bite my tongue, I left. Not in a rush or in a huff, but I couldn't stay long anyway. As I am about home he calls me and is upset that I could not stay and hang out.

Hang Out??

me- "Well you knew the kids were at home."

him- "I know, but it's like we never have time to talk."

me- (after some silence) "What?"

him- "Even at home- we just never take the time to sit and talk together."

me- (silence)

him- "Maybe that's ok with you, but I just think it'd be nice if we spent some time together. We just never take the time, not even at home."

me- "And you thought NOW would have been a good time to chat and catch up?"

All we ever DO is talk. I talk to him, I swear I do. If I didn't talk TO him, then I'd have to just LISTEN to him. And a girl can only take so much of my life is just a shambles. So I talk, we talk. There is talking!!!! Lots of talking. Have you heard the phrase "all talk and no action" Yeah, that is our marriage.

And besides, what in the cock does he want me to say?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie,

argh! Fast and loose with your benjamins? That is just wronggggg!

Is he allowed to have cheese with that whine?

He is SO lucky you're around to bail him out all the time...

Tammie Jean said...

You mean you didn't want to spend some quality time chatting at the hospital while the kids were all at home waiting for you???