About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Monday, June 25, 2007

covering my nuts

Ok- I'm cheering up, I'm sorry for the cuntastic attitude I've had lately. My pointless period is late, late for what- I have no idea. No sex, no sperm, no TUBES, no problem. Die eggs die!!!!!

I'm having some money struggles right now. No fault but my own really. The kids are out of daycare and e-husband is home watching them and that is supposed to SAVE me money, and it will- once I get caught up from what I couldn't afford to begin with.

And I don't want to borrow money from what I will have later. I just need to create money where there currently is none. I put my school books on half.com and I have some reimbursement stuff to turn in- so I think I will be ok, but it's interesting how my spending habits change when e-husband is around. Take out food and dessert and extra stuff seems so logical. Food I don't usually buy tastes better. I wonder if I'm trying to create an environment or something. Let him know that I'm grateful for him being here. Buy his affection with food.

Yeah, I know how to get to a mans heart. With meat. Fried meat, white meat, deli meat, red meat. All sorts of meat. I've been cooking. Side dishes, vegetables the whole deal. And you know, all that costs money that my salary does not exactly cover. My meals, without him around, consist of a frozen dinner, or a sandwich, or a plate of leftovers from my mom's house. Sometimes waffles or a bowl of cereal.

I would guess that I try to spend less than $5 a day on my own meals. Coffee, frozen lunches and dinners are described above suit me just fine. But when I find myself spending $25-$35 on groceries for one or two meals, well, that dwindles the account faster than I expected. Perhaps I'm just giddy from all the good food and I don't think straight.

I don't ask for much. It's not like I am asking for $54 million for a pair of pants. (I just want to punch this fucken guy.) I just want to be able to eat and pay the bills, in the same week. My mother told me today that her friend is renting a BIG house in Arizona, for $300 less than my newly raised rent in a shitty neighborhood. Yes, cause moving to a new state is always the best way to solve money problems...

3 comments:

d-man said...

Can you sell your eggs?

Sunni said...

I'm the same way... M is coming into town this weekend so I've gone and spent over $100 on a new down comforter and duvet cover. Why? Cuz he gives a shit at all?? No... LOL

Cuz I give a shit, and I've always wanted one. And M visiting gives me an excuse to "fix up the place" which includes spending way too much on shit I don't really need right NOW.

Now, I understand that FOOD you DO need... Take out and dessert and lots of MEAT. Definitely, you need all of that. And it should be ok to splurge... But I know how it is when splurging now means later you get none of something else. Like electricity, for instance. So, yeah. Where am I going with this...? :)

Hang in there. Enjoy the time with him while it's available. The money thing will work itself out... You have always pulled off amazing things with your finances. I'm sure you'll do it again. :) It's that Funky Math we both have a knack for... ;)

Tammie Jean said...

I wish my husband understood that a bowl of cereal is a fantastic dinner. Waffles too. No cooking, minimal cleanup... I could live off cereal. (and yeah, real food is expensive!)