About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

My kids are possessed

Something happened in the night. It all seemed normal when I went to bed. Everything looked good. The house was tidy, no dishes in the sink. Everyone was asleep and there was no rukus coming from the ghetto streets of my neighborhood.

I slept a good 7 hours and woke up feeling semi decent. I am looking forward to the e-husband coming to visit and I am even planning a nice dinner for Fathers Day. All things being equal, I woke up feeling confident.

And then, the creatures that were my sons yesterday came out of their rooms. It was an amazing transformation, they looked exactly the same. They were even wearing the same clothes they went to bed in. It was uncanny. I almost would not have noticed it until the Clone of Gabriel spoke to me.

"MAMAAAA- I want some chocolate milk!"

and then the Clone of Daniel spoke, "NEMO NEMO NEMO NEMO"

It was like a pagan chant. And that was just the beginning. There were fights, CoG running and taunting CoD with a toy he had stolen right from his hand. CoD chasing him, and screaming, "GIVE IT BACK!!"

CoD let out his demon cry when I attempted to put him on the potty. I had one ear open for the knock on the door from Social Services because there was no doubt that someone was calling the police. It was audibly obvious that I was repeatedly poking this child with a branding iron. CoG kept coming over to demand that I help him find his car.

"MOMMY- you HAVE to find my spiderman car- NOW!"

It's hard to get into all the details of what happened next. It was sort of blurry and very loud. Screaming from both clone ends, I believe this was in an attempt to break me down and have the same spawn of hell come and possess me too- because for a moment I was ready to beat them, both. My cool being all but lost, I corralled Lucifer and Damien to their rooms. I put on a movie, ignoring the evil resistance that spewed from their mouth like orifices, and left the room. The word 'rotten' may have come from my lips, I'm not sure. I did not spank the Clones, they would not have gotten nearly as much out of it as I would.

I put the safety gate up, so they are safe for a while. With the best of luck, MY boys will return to spend the afternoon with me and their dad, If not, well like I said, the safety gate is up.

1 comment:

d-man said...

I know those chants!