About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Is that... hair gel??

This is somebody's product logo. I had to take a picture of it. It just begs for comments.



Who can be the spokesperson for this?? Who is least likely to make me wet??

I had a lousy day yesterday. All day long I was just bitchy and annoyed and anxious. Yes, I took my crazy pills and everything!! Some days are just like this. This is MY now, people.

Perhaps it's because my kid is coming home next week. Or because the e-husband is in the house and while he's doing a good job taking care of the kids, the 'honeymoon' is over. Shocker huh? It took 72 hours for him to start bugging me. Not in the sense that I want to hit him on the head with something heavy, just in the sense that I wish he could go home every night and come back in the morning.

Perhaps I'm just bored because I'm not in school and I have nothing to focus my energy on. Maybe I just need to get laid. Either way, yesterday was not a great day and so far, today isn't feeling too much better. My boss called and told me the cheer up and ran down a list of why I should not be in a bad mood. Cause apparently I am not entitled.

Alex comes home in 6 days and I have mixed feelings about that. Not mixed cause I don't want him home, but mixed because I hope that it will make things a little easier on me in some ways, but I KNOW that it will make it harder in others.

For instance- have you any idea how much a 12 year old boy eats?? If you are thinking, "His weight in pasta." - you'd be right. If you are thinking, "anything" you'd be wrong. Alex is just like his dad in most of the ways that I really hated his dad. One of those ways is that he is a picky eater and does that 'gagging' thing if I ask him to eat something new. My response to that gagging thing is to hit him upside the head, you know, to help him swallow. Really, it has nothing to do with my annoyance level. Really.

Also, have you ever noticed that boys just smell funky?? There is that funky 'kid smell' that sticks to everything. And three boys in one room? yeah, I think they need a ceiling fan. Or an air purifier. maybe both.

And then there is the "sarcasm" thing. Everything you say is responded with some sarcastic remark. And then "I'm just kidding." "I'm just kidding" is as hated in my house as much as toy guns and mopping the floor.

Of course, there is the issue of puberty. You know, the thought of my kid finally wanting to take a shower and then staying there too long just makes me throw up a little bit. If I don't get alone time to do it, he certainly shouldn't. And you know, I still have to remind him to wash his hands... ugh...

Ok, well, I guess I don't need breakfast after all.

There will be challenges to raising a teenager and two toddlers. It's new territory for me, and of course, he's been with his dad all year. I suspect the deprogramming to take about 2 months.

1 comment:

Tammie Jean said...

Ah yes... teenagers, puberty... I can relate. Although I think the teenaged girl is a completely different animal.