About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

drunk with procreation power

Why do people do this to thier kids?? They have thier daughter 25 middle names, all names of famous boxers. Why?? Why do people use thier parental power for evil??

Speaking of procreation, Alex is coming home today. Did I ever tell the quarter story?? Oh this is a good one....

So it was July 1999, the night of my bachelorette party. I was 139 pounds- after dieting my ASS off, literally, to fit into my $25 wedding dress. I was in the cutest dress I'd ever worn- with my boobs spilling out- that my husband-to-be bought me, just for this night.

I was almost ready to go- makeup done and I think I even had body glitter on. I was so excited for a night out of dancing, drinking, and boy kissing. Alex, age 4 came out of his room crying while I was waiting for my cousin to come bad get me.

hot bachelorette: "What's the matter baby?"

4 year old Alex: "I swallowed a quarter!"

hot bachelorette (in a mild panic): "Why?"

4 year old Alex (near hysterics): "Cause I didn't want it in my room!!"

hot bachelorette (laughing): "So you SWALLOWED it?"

I called the urgent care center, who told me that if he isn't currently choking, most likely it will pass, but I should bring him in for an x-ray, just to make sure it doesn't get lodged somewhere. Knowing that I was DESPERATE for my night out, my husband-to-be took him to the urgent care center. What a guy.

I went out dancin and drinking...

3 comments:

Tammie Jean said...

"Cause I didn't want it in my room!!"
Hahaha! That is hysterical!!!

Sunni said...

Yes, you did have on body glitter. And later at Macaroni Grill you wore an over-sized ring pop on your left hand (well, we ALL did.. and what's her name from the office next door kept talking about how she wasn't wearing any underwear because of the dress she decided on...) and you drank ALOT! But at least we didn't have to carry you out, thankfully, like that OTHER bride-to-be. Remember? There were like 4 people carrying this girl out the back door like she was a dead log, one at the head, 1 at the feet, 2 in the middle, horizontal, out the back door... She was wearing a white strappy dress and a veil. Poor thing. And the other 2 things I remember best about that nite (...I remember very little...) are Scooby Snacks and Boogie Shoes. :)

Julie said...

I have Boogie Shoes on my ipod!! I LOVE that song!!!!

my my my my my boogie shoes!!!