About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Rainy Day Movie review

This morning I watching Herbie Fully Loaded (2005) with the Beasties. We are actually watching it a second time.

Ok, how can I say this without sounding bad? Hm, well- I guess I will just say it. I love this movie. Really love it. I used to love Lindsay Lohan when she was a Disney Girl. I loved her in Freaky Friday, even that Teenage Drama Queen movie was pretty fun too. And Parent Trap- oh, loved it more than the original. I am not going to discuss my disappointment at her Britney-esque descent into hoe-ism. I hope it's just a phase and she decides to put some panties on and decide that she wants to be more like some of the child stars who have made it, rather than those who cannot be taken seriously. Then again, if I looked like this, I'd probably slut it up a notch.

So this is just a fun movie that has a little something for everyone. The Beasties love the cars and the racing and the silly moments were tolerable and fun. I am so glad to get a break from watching Cars, for the 4 thousandth time. Matt Dillon, who is still hot- no matter what. (Wild Things...mmmmm.) The music is pretty good, even though Disney pulled a Disney for the CD and put remakes instead of the original artists. Van Halen's "Jump", and Loverboy's "Workin for the Weekend" were great choice for this movie. There's some good old 'girl power' in there. And I'm always a sucker for someone with Daddy issues. I found myself a bit choked up, yeah- I said it. And you know, if Michael Keaton was my Daddy, well that's a whole different rating system...



Yummmmmmyyyyy

No comments: