About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

violate

My apartment was broken in to.

Ransacked.

Violated.

Nothing was stolen. Not a thing that I can tell so far. But things were knocked over. Cabinets were broken. Drawers were pulled out and turned over. Things were pulled down out of the hall closet, and my bedroom was completely turned upside down. The sheets were pulled off the bed, my dressers were dumped.

My nightstand was emptied... and the contents of the nightstand were strewn about the room. Laides, what's it's YOUR nightstand? yeah, well, that's what was in mine- more than a few of them. A few, um, items are still unaccounted for, but I suspect they are mixed in with the clothes that are everywhere. Two bottles of "lotion" were emptied all over my floor, my clothes the wall and the bathroom floor. I called the police, and then I called ehusband. Then I called my parents to come and pick up the boys.

They were probably looking for money. Ha ha, jokes on them. I don't even have spare CHANGE lying around. But I'm freaked out. I'm trying to figure out how and why? When? And god forbid, will they be back? Obviously there is a sex crazed woman with an arsenal of sex toys who lives there.

Friday morning.... The e-husband is going to be staying with me for a few days. I just can't stay here alone for a few days. Too freaked out. My mother, with her inabilaty to show real emotion, said, "I told you this is a bad neighborhood" and "E-husband is going to freak out at all this mess." As if somehow I was to blame for the mess they caused. She also questioned me as to why I asked e-husband to stay. I told her I did not feel safe here by myself and I needed him here for a few days. She said, "Ok- Miss Independent." Yeah, when did I ever say that? I never claimed to be superwoman. I think I clearly stated that I am pretty LOUSY at the parent, working woman, student, single mom thing. Don't let the cape fool ya! It just came with the mini van.

But I'm ok. It could have been worse. They could have vandalized my new carpet, or written on my new painted walls. Someone could have gotten hurt.

Hmmmm, my camera is nowhere to be seen. And my new Rabbit is missing. Those THIEVING bastards took my new vibe!! Oh, now I'm pissed!!!!!

2 comments:

Andy Land said...

Very glad you're safe, but saddened to hear that your vibrator is missing. I'm guessing you've got..uh...a fan of your ...uh...work.

Patti said...

Jules, that's scary - but it sounds really personal?? What do the cops think?