About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

ramblings of a woman left alone....

I am tired. Tired of my life. Restless, feeling like I want to shave my head like Britney. Damn, that's brave. Her hair doesn't make her pretty, she's got a pretty face- she will survive. If she can survive K-fed, a crazy hair style choice is nothing.

They say that you have to love at least one bad man so you can appreciate a good one. What makes a man good? I have known lots of good men, who had some bad triats. Does that negate the good? I have a hard time accepting that e-husband is a "bad man." He did some bad shit, and has some bad character flaws, but is he a bad person? A bad sober person? No. So I can appreciate the good man in him, because I've seen the bad.

I'm not a man hater- I'm really not. I love men, I love all kinds of men. I especially like men I don't know very well. (spin on an "About Last Night" line) But do I trust them? No, not really. I met someone recently... seems nice enough. A few nice conversations but nothing MAJOR. I have no intentions of dating anyone right now, but the attention is nice. His situation seems similar to mine, somewhat. I just wonder what he's hiding. I am a firm believer that nice guys are hiding something. At least with a bad man, you know what to expect. It's the seemingly good ones that rip your heart out and leave you bleeding. The ones that you trust, the ones that claim they are not game players, the ones that promise to be honest, and upfront. Those are the ones who hold your heart in thier hands, and squeeze them with thier lies and thier betrayal. Yes, those are the nice guys.

Well, I have one of those already. Why start over?

No comments: