About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

depression speaks stupid

Fluently.

e-husband: What would you think about me getting like an older motorcycle?
me: (dead stare)
e-husband: You know, like an older one?
me: a motorcycle?
e-husband: Yes.
me: Why don't you just inject yourself with extra insulin instead? It will be less bloody.
e-husband: (blank stare)
me: You can barely make it from the bedroom to the couch, and now you want a motorcycle. You'll be dead within a week, and I will have had to pay for a motorcycle!! Maybe when you are a less lethargic for more than a month, we can have this conversation.

Sometimes it's like talking to a fucking 15 year old. Doesn't have two dimes to rub together and the common sense of a chickpea.

1 comment:

Rambeau said...

This would make a good time to get some life insurance.