About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Monday, May 12, 2008

the strangest thing is happening on my way to work

I'm getting there early....

I noticed it last week while on my way to work. I could not text because I was driving too fast. (Yes, I SAID that). I made a phone call instead of sending the text and said, "It's tuesday right? Because I'm driving fast enough for it to be a Saturday!" I looked ahead and there was no traffic. I mean- not a lot of cars going at a good speed, but like 15 cars, where I normally see 100.

Yes, it was in fact Tuesday- at 8:10 AM. I thought maybe it was a weird fluke. However I have noticed every day that I am getting to work a few minutes early. Even though I leave at the exact same time every day- after the Bell Rings at Gabriel's school. Tonight I drove to South Orange County, which is about 20 miles in the other direction that I drive to work now (In NORTH Orange County). However, south was the way I drove to work for 10 years. I am used to driving South- and those 20 miles taking me anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes. Tonight- at 5:45PM- it took 25 minutes.

Um what the hell is going on???

Tonight on the news they said that traffic is lighter due to gas prices and unemployment. Well I'll be damned. Gas prices are about $3.80 in my neighborhood, which is LESS expensive than the neighborhood South of where I live in South Orange County. Finally, gas prices are high enough to make us California folks get out of our fucking cars! Who thought it was possible?

No comments: