About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

A life like Diamonds.

I don't care much for words of doom
If it's love you need then I've got the room
It's a simple thing that came to me
when I found you.

~Neil Diamond

I love this song. I have the American Idol version on my ipod cause I want to have David Cook's babies (don't tell him I can't HAVE babies anymore, my evil plan is to fuck him stupid and he won't care about the lie I've told.) Listen to it here.

I digress.

Anyway- MOST songs remind me of something, or someone. Sometimes just one line in song of 60 lines will remind me of something or someone and even the opening music will make me think of that person.

This song doesn't do that. Neil Diamond tends to make me thing of Trever, but you know- not anymore. This song is a blank slate. It makes me think of ME. Makes me want to get in my car, well maybe not MY car- but in a car. A light blue convertible and drive faster than the safe speed by the ocean, or the mountains. Or up north where there's ocean on one side of the road and mountains on the other.

---

Eleanor Rigby has some great lines in it.

To me, the thought of Rome- a city adorned with genitalia instead of vinyl siding and stucco- seemed improbable. I had to see this place.
(I think this is how I am thinking about New York, in theory)

Do I expect a bunch of naked people all over the place? No. I would not be so lucky. What I DO expect is life. Excitement. Movement. A life that is unlike my own and I hope to soak it in. I hope to fall in love with New York, the energy of it. I hope to be so sad when I leave, that I come back with an intense desire to live a life that is less like mine, and more like..

life.

No comments: