About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, May 09, 2008

Five things you should never buy as a Mother's Day gift


Taken from Shine, Yahoo.
Lets talk Mother's Day gifts that should be strictly off limits.


1. Kitchen appliances. Not the gift of choice for Mother's Day. No bread makers. No Cuisinarts or blenders. Even for kitchenistas. Even in cool retro colors, don't do it. Especially when you're replacing something that's broken -- that doesn't even count as a gift.

Exception: A coffee maker. Mama needs her caffeine.2. Lotions. Yes, we know you think it's sweet to buy us lotions because women like to doll up and smell purdy with soft, luscious glowing skin. But what we think when we open this gift is, "I know I don't shower every day, but are you trying to tell me something?"

Exception: A slightly overpriced but exquisite lotion that a mom only purchases on special occasions.



3. Little House on the Prairie-inspired pajamas. Not. Hawt. Caroline Ingalls is the only mom who ever will make them look sexy.

Exception: Grandma.



4. House-cleaning gear. Even moms will admit the Dyson DC07 vacuum is one hot little number. But for a $600 price tag, we'd rather have the cash. We're in a recession, people. Drop that money into a savings account.

Exception: Mom asks for it. And even then, we're not even sure it's cool.

(INSERT PIC OF MY HUSBAND HERE)

5. The Man Cold.
Oh I know. You can't buy a cold. But you know what I'm talking about. The only thing worse than a kid being sick on Mother's Day is a husband/partner being sick on Mother's Day. You and your man colds. Mom should high-tail it 'outta dodge. But she won't. Because she's Mom.

Exception: Never.

--------

take a lesson people. this is valuable info. What do I want for mothers day? The same think I ask for, and usually get every day unless I am faced with #5 (which has happened a few times).

I want to be left alone. Some mom's like to spend the day with thier family- run around town, wear matching clothes. Yeah- not so much me. I want to sleep in lay around. Maybe shop- alone. Take a nap. Not fix meals. Not yell at anyone.

Every mother is a working mother.

Mothers Day should be renamed Mom's National Fucking Day Off.

enjoy it!

3 comments:

Trixie said...

See you got that sheeot wrong! I would kill for that $400 mixer or that $600 vaccum! I don't want some stupid lotion that I can buy every day and not feel guilty about. I want the expensive crap I dream about owning but feel way to guilty to buy cuz we can't afford it! :)

Blissfully Wed said...

Amen sista!!! A nice day all alone shopping or going to lunch or reading a good book. That is what this mom wants/needs.

Have a happy Mother's Day!!!

~Her

Rambeau said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jules! Hope you really enjoy your day.

Love,
Rambeau