About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, May 02, 2008

May is Stroke Awareness Month

I don't do this too often, but this is a presentation that I did for our Community Awareness Seminars. It sort of plays between speakers. I am proud of it, even with all the transitions and such. I can't get the music to embed correctly, so I am including the song, and I think if you start the song, and then the presentation, it will be close. I like it with the song. (open both in a new window) Actually I think if you download the song- the presentation will find it. I think. And yes, it's an insanely cliche health care-ey song.

I try not to preach "stroke" too often, but I am noticing more and more younger people. Last month we had a 22 year old with a big stroke. Yea- 22. So you know- watch it, ok? If you know the signs and symptoms, it could make you one less of the persons disabled from stroke (which is the #1 cause of disability in the US. )

Slideshow Music

OK- PSA done. Thanks.



No comments: