About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

No more Ms. Niceguy

The e-husband has a car. It's a 94 Thunderbird. It's been a decent car since we've had it.
Nobody drives it though- because the e-husband is, on MOST DAYS- not well enough to drive. The belt is funky. I think it's installed WRONG, so it slips off- or it wears quickly- rendering the car nonoperable. As far as I know, there isn't anything else wrong with it- and really I don't care. I pay the insurance on it every month- and the registration- and all the damn parking tickets he gets and doesn't tell me about.

It's another source of contention.

We were going to sell it in December, but the guy backed out. Actually, he got fired. So anyway- my neighbor has been asking about it. I have let the e-husband handle it, but really, he's not handling it. He doesn't handle things well, if ever. So the neighbor asked me today what I wanted for it.

I said, "Well he wants $1300- and we can fix the belt and all that- but really- I say $1000 as is and we just be done with the fucking thing." That's how I feel. I just want out from under it. I don't feel good about him driving. I will still have to pay the $40 registration and $140 in tickets that are on it. I may tell see if my neighbor will be willing to pay for the smog, I will pay for the registration and give him my parking sticker (a coveted item here). $1000 and it's done and over with.

I know he will be mad for me making a deal without him- but you know, fuck it. I am sick of paying for the insurance- the registrations, and worrying about him driving. He really should not be driving. And it's MY car. It's registered to me. It's insured to me. Really he can't say much about it. I try not to be that person, that bitch who says, "Too bad for you, a-hole." But you know- he knows that it's a losing battle to argue with the person who holds all the cards.

When we talked about it last week, the e-husband said, "So we are going to sell my car so you can go to New York?" I stared at him for about 10 seconds and calmly said, "No- we are going to sell MY car, so I can pay the bills on my own while I use my PAYCHECK to go to New York."

Are you fucking kidding me??

No comments: