About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Monday, December 29, 2008

and my sinuses are clear!!

I woke up with a really bad lower back ache today.  I am not sure if it's because all the driving I did this weekend, or because I fell asleep on the couch watching House last night.  Either way, I woke up this morning with really bad lower back pain and the inability to walk without a mild limp.  By the time I walked from the parking structure to my office, it was hurting my legs.  

Apply heat.

My boss showed up, limping.   A month ago she ran a marathon and pulled something in her knee.  Last week, that same knee gave out- causing her to fall off a curb and today she had an xray and realized that she broke her ankle, in two places.

So today- as she and I- both short heavy set girls, with curly brown hair and dark skin were walking to lunch, limping... we got lots of comments- the most common ( used twice)

"Were you two in the same car accident?"

It was quite funny.

I went to the pharmacy to buy these:

They work well- except they are activated by air- so if you are sitting in a chair and leaning back- they don't stay as hot.  So it's not like I can lay on my back and have the heat really work.  The pharmacist suggested this.



Yeah, I'm so hot.

So all day, I wreak of 'old lady' -  but it does feel a little better.  

1 comment:

Old Bogus said...

I grammatically screwed the first try up so . . .

Being a Lothario, I was disappointed there wasn't a picture of the two of you Thermocaring each other . . .