About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

the letter

I have been recieving in the mail, annual family newsletters. While I think they are fun and a good way to catch up with people I don't see often, I still think they are kinda silly. My bestest friend Ed told me that he worked on his family newsletter and I asked, "Oh my god- how can you stand yourself?"

He laughed and said, "I know... I'm sorry."
But just for the fuck of it- here's the Ferrieri Family newsletter.


Dear family and friends:

Holy Crap is it that time already??

Well, the clock on the wall (which tells the date) says that it's Christmastime so here I am to tell you about what happened in the Ferrieri house this year.

Honestly it was pretty blurry the first half of the year. As you may know, our brother in law-Mel, died in a car accident in March. He's missed a lot, and I'll be damned if I don't see him everywhere I turn. It's strange how familiar of a face he had, because everyime time I see a big guy with a grey moustache, I want to just say, "Hey Mel." Even after all this time, and the fact that he really didn't like me very much there at the end, it's hard to believe that he's gone.

Alex is in 8th grade and while he's no longer on his meds, he's still sucking in class just as bad as he was last year when he was on them. Ok, actually it's not THAT bad- but it's not great either. He's playing guitar a lot and often can be found in front of the computer, playing guitar and texting back and forth with any number of 13 year old girls. Who says he has no focus?? Of course, he's got no game. really. I hear him on the phone asking girls, "so why are you calling me?" sigh.... he doesn't get that from me!!

Gabe and Danny are in Kindergarten this year. Danny- in his first year, finally potty trained except he still will not wipe his own butt half the time. Seriously, I think he just holds it at school- because I know that his teacher would not stand for him yelling into the classroom, "Can you wipe my butt!?!?" He's adorable cute though, seriously, and while his teachers think that he may have an attention disorder, like Alex's- he's really smart and funny and all the other things that my sons are famous for. They just don't shut up.

It's interesting how different Gabriel is than the other two, though. He is not as hyper as Alex, or as unfocused as Danny. He's smart and silly. He likes to sing. He's sensitive though, truly a mamas boy. His teachers say that he is a joy to have in class- but then again, don't they always say that?? I know my boys... I'm skeptical.

Sarah is in Grand Junction, Colorado, and I have yet to hear anything she LIKES about Colorado. She is at the top of her class. She lettered in academics, which I think means she's a super brain. She informed me a few months ago that she wants to go to art school... and NOT medical school like before. Sigh... I know. Support her dreams- but I am silently hoping that she will revist the idea of medical school. I was a little happier thinking that she was going to be a doctor, rather than an artist, even if she is a very talented artist.

As for Michael, well, lets see. We reached our 9 year anniversary... (note that I said reached, not celebrated). Be that good or bad, we are still holding on. You know, there's no cure for crazy. I think Michael had less hospitals stays this year than last year. Hey, you find the good things where you can.

And me, well I have to admit that I have not had the worst year of my life. I graduated college in May- which was a huge day for me. She didn't say it, but I know my mom was proud of me. No... she DIDN'T say it to me, but she did say it to everyone else and that's as good as it gets sometimes.

I started Grad School in September and I took two trips to New York City, in June and again in November. I have met so many amazing people this year and I while my life is not perfect, I think it could be worse.

On that note... I guess it's time to finish wrapping presents.

I wish you all love and happiness- or at least the winning lottery ticket!

-julie

No comments: