About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Holiday Meme

1. Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog?
Oh, Hot Chocolate. I don't like Egg Nog.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps presents, and all the presents from Santa are in different paper than the others, and all the same.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Tree gets multicolored lights. Althought last year, all the lights on the tree were green. It was a mistake, but it looked nice anyway.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? If I have it, I might.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Either the first or second weekend after Thanksgiving. I have a fake tree, so it's easy.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My aunts fudge, or the corn casserole.

7. Favorite Holiday memory? My favorite Holiday memories are with my family. My brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles... and my mom.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I NEVER believed in Santa. Ever. We were Jehovah's Witness'. But I wasn't allowed to tell people either.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Family presents are exchanged Christmas Eve. Santa presents are opened Christmas morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I do the lights. I always do the lights. And then I sit and prepare the ornaments for the kids to put on the tree. We listen to Christmas music and take pictures and sing.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Never seen it.

12. Can you ice skate? No

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
At the moment, I can't think of anything. That's kinda sad... give me time, I'll remember.

14. What’s the most important thing?
The most important thing about the Holidays? Remembering that its about spending time with the ones you love, and not the gifts. I always feel guilty if I cannot afford to buy presents for everyone I love- but I hope they all know how much I love them.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
My aunts fudge. My mom's magic bars (that my sister makes now).

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I don't really have any traditions. I should start some.

17. What tops your tree?
It's a star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I like giving them- but I always stress about what I give. I'm always afraid it's not enough. Receiving makes me kind of uncomfortable sometimes.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Rockin around the Christmas Tree from Brenda Lee or
All I want for Christmas is You from Mariah Carey

20. Candy canes, Yuck or Yum?
I like em.
Since I'm a day late- I won't tag anyone- but I hope you all had a happy christmas.

No comments: