About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Domestic Phantom

Not a domestic goddess.

Perhaps a sex goddess, though. Aphrodite was the Goddess of Love, who was the Goddess of sex? Do they have a mythological Goddess of Sex?

I digress...
Domestically, I am more like a ghost. I sort of float over my domain, shaking things up- moving them around, but not exactly cleaning it.

I came home from work yesterday and wondered, "Oh My God- did someone break into my apartment and ransack my kitchen?" Surely I would never have left it such a mess. But I have nobody else to blame for it. So I guess it was me. Shit.

On Monday night I was at my mom's house dropping off the boys, and when I came home I realized that the lights were left on.

EVERY
LIGHT
IN
MY
APARTMENT
WAS
ON.

I had been gone for 2 hours, with my apartment lit up. I was walking through the house, turning the lights off- and hissing, "How fucking hard is it to turn off a damn light in this place? Do I own the electric company or something?"

I have become my mother.
but worse.

I have become my mother AND taken on the task of berating myself as well. I did make sure to laugh about it, because it was kind of funny. But the realization that e-husband was not the one who left the lights on all the time bugged me.

That's ok though, there are still lots of other things I can blame him for.

1 comment:

Andy Land said...

If there was a Goddess of Sex...I fooked her.