About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

G.C.W. rides again.

Sometimes I think I get a little too 'chick' for my own good. I prefer me to be a little more ice queen really. At least that way my feelings don't get hurt when things go awry. The Grumpy Cunt Whiner is visiting.

I've had a friendship go way south recently. It makes me sad and makes me wish that so many things about me were different, but then again- I am who I am and I simply can't please everyone, even if I really really want to. I will miss my friend, but we all make our decisions. It's not just that we had a fight, or that we decided that we should no longer be friends. But my feelings got hurt, bad. The view from under the bus is not a good one. And I suspect that the tire marks on the back of my neck are permanent.

In response to his exit, I said some things, that, well, sealed the deal. There is no turning back now. The zinger. I don't know why I felt the need to have the last word, but I certainly was not going to give it to him. So I made the final move, the Mortal Combat "FINISH HIM" blow and now it's over. Game over. Period. Maybe I did it because I wanted the friendship to be over without any chance of fixing it. So I won't wonder. So I won't leave any doors open. Because in the end, I shut the door. Sealed it, sanded it flat, and put a oak dresser in front of it. Nope, there was never a door there.

Now I can't look back, even if I wanted to- and even if I did, he wouldn't give me the time of day. I guess I had that coming.

Unhealthy relationships should be thrown out with yesterdays trash, and we both knew this. No matter what the argument, whose decision, whose last word. What's done is done. Some friendships cost more than what they are worth.

I hope that we are right in deciding that this is one of them.

No comments: