About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Frozen juice on skid row

It's supposed to be cold this weekend. The Govenator has called a state of emergency. I can already hear people groaning, but it's not my fault. Here in California, we do our best to control our weather, and when it get out of the 65-85 range, we panic a little bit. People pay good money to come here for the weather, and when it gets out of whack, it makes us look bad.
Not that fruit and homeless people don't matter- because they do. And of course we cannot afford to lose crops, nor do we want people freezing to death on the streets- but to call it a state of emergency seems a bit much. I guess I refer to reserve "states of emergency" for disasters like flooding, earthquakes, and marriage. So who gets called in? The National Guard? -with blankets and heat lamps? Will they light fires and go sweeping through the orange fields like "A Walk in the Clouds"?




VICTORIAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Andy Land said...

So what is the temp supposed to be? 50? 40? What causes the panic. In LA Story a temp of 58 seemed to cause a frenzy.

Julie said...

Some areas are supposed to be in the twentys, maybe even the TEENS. It's 42 degrees here right now, should get to a low of 32 tonight. You know, for me, that's too fucken cold.