About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

When it rains...

I don't think about us much anymore
And frankly, the topic has become a bore
And you don't come up much in my conversations
And I I don't think about you on vacation.

But when it rains.
That's when I remember
I remember you.

-Hootie and the Blowfish, The Rain Song

I like it when it rains like this. Light rain that comes and goes. Just enough to make everything wet and leave it seemingly more clean than before. Reminds me of Seattle. I really liked Seattle. Pike Street Market has such a great feel to it in November, when I was there, both times.




Just seeing this picture makes me ache to go somewhere. Somewhere different than here. I don't know why I'm so restless lately. School just started and if there is any time that I can't be restless, it's now. I have a heavy load at school this semester. I need to be as settled as I can possible be right now. But I'm not. I'm restless and anxious for two days now. On the verge of making big judgement errors, but doing my best to stand still. Not shopping, shopping would be bad. What would I buy in this current state of angst??

A car- something with only two seats, totally impractical.
Scarves, really pretty ones that match nothing in my closet.
Expensive earrings.
A glass dildo, cause they are pretty and I would display it someplace inappropriate, like on my enertainment center.
A LOT of cereal.
Cooking utensils that make it appear that I cook.
A removable stripper pole.
Stripper pole lessons.
A plane ticket. But I'm not telling where to.... or when we'll be back.

No comments: