About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

In my corner

I wonder where my life is going today. I've had some very weird things happen in the last 6 months. I am going in a direction, I know that- but sometimes I don't know exactly what direction that IS, exactly. Forward. That's all I know.

At least I'm not alone.

Yesterday my younger sister saved my ass BIG TIME. It's nice to have people on your side and feel that you are not alone. She and I have a pretty up and down relationship sometimes. We gossip behind each others back and gladly toss each other under the bus to create a 'parental diversion.' We hiss at each other and stomp our feet and then give a little space. A few days later, we talk like nothing happened. Good friends can do that.

I am blessed with a small handful of all-weather friends. And it's good to have these people in my corner. Because I have no clue where I'm going some days. Some days I struggle to get out of bed, and other days my life is very much like HBO After Dark. And no matter what kind of nonsense craziness I get in to- my true friends laugh with me, or cry with me. They don't try to understand me, but they love me-just because. Maybe they sigh and grumble that I have gotten myself into another emotional mess but they are not so different so we don't judge each other. They know that when thier emotional mess comes bubbling over, I will be there- to laugh with them and to cry with them.

1 comment:

LadyXandria said...

You're lucky to have people in your corner who you can depend on. Just knowing someone is there for you in those moments when you need to laugh or cry makes things so much easier.