About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, December 23, 2005

90% is is still an A

So, great news!! I cleaned my kitchen tonight. I was ready to blow it up- seriously. I could not take it any longer. I got home from work around 5ish, and just got to it. It's almost done. The only dishes left are ones that would not fit in the dishwasher, not even half a load. The counters are cleaned. The floor needs serious mopping, but at least it's swept. The trash is thrown out. All of it- trash can and all- right into the freakin dumpster!! We had this big 33 gallon trash can outside on the patio and it was just disgusting. That went into the dumpster too. I will buy a new kitchen trashcan. That one was gross. Until I buy a new one, I guess I will have to just be less lazy and walk the garbage the whole 12 steps to the dumpster!!

There were boxes of Christmas ornaments in the kitchen, I put them out on the patio. Tomorrow I will rebox them (since they were packed for shit when SOMEONE took down the tree last year, don't get me started) and put them back in storage. We aren't putting up the damn tree anyway- so they may as well go back in storage for next year- or maybe I will throw them out too and buy new ones for next year. So the kitchen is clean. 90% clean. I feel like I can breathe again.

Once the boys go to bed I will tackle the living room and perhaps the bedroom and my bathroom. I've got 4 days off work- I'm going to do SOMETHING constructive with it since I have no Christmas cheer and I've been crying half the fucking day to prove it. At least I was able to turn it into action and stop feeling so damn sad about it.

A-ha! The dishwasher is done. I don't want to slow down now.

No comments: