About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas survey




Stole this from Venz... thanks!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper
2. Real tree or artificial? A co-worker gave me an artificial tree last year because it was too big for her small apartment, I'm so grateful to have it. We didn't get it up this year... don't get me started.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually two weeks before Christmas
4. When do you take the tree down? After the new year
5. Do you like egg-nog? I don't think so.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A teddy bear that I got from my step dad, Bill (who died 11 years ago). I named him Barney. I still have him. I once left him behind in Hawaii and had the hotel send him to my house. My mom stitched his legs up several times and he doesn't have a nose anymore.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, the first Christmas Michael and I spent together he said we needed to have one.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My brother Johnny.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Michael.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I have resorted to mailing them the last few years, but I took great joy the years that I handmade my cards and sent them out.
11. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Ref. It's freaking hilarious. I also love "The Santa Clause" and "Charlie Brown Christmas."
12. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't know.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? About two weeks before Christmas
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I think so.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? PIE and my aunt's fudge. I didn't get any this year.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I like both, but I think we have colored. My first Christmas tree had all red lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Rocking around the Christmas Tree- Brenda Lee, Winter Wonderland- Darlene Love (I think), and the once Charlie Brown song from Vince Guaraldi.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I would prefer to stay at home, but I don't have a house that accomodates my family and I miss my family something awful- so I travel locally when I can. I didn't see my family this year but I talked to my sisters and got and instant message from my brother from Iraq.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? only if I sing the song.
20. Do you have Jesus in your heart this Christmas? I'm trying.
21. What is your favorite Christmas tree ornament? Michael and I have two ornaments that are kind of reminiscent of the "us." A sun and a moon. We always put them on the same side of our tree- sort of facing each other. I have a feeling I will always do that.

Feel free to answer any or all of the questions too!!

2 comments:

Dick said...

A good list. We both made it through the day it looks like.

I have just started a blog of my own and when I sent the comment yesterday on your Dec. 24th posting I wasn't sure I wanted to put it's URL out yet. I guess it is okay now for some to look at but I am still just getting started. Today is it's third day.

another named Dick & Huggy

Chris said...

I've been making my way through your blog, and I like your posts. Thanks for your comments on mine.