About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas morning

The boys are still sleeping. I am tempted to wake them, because we are going to my sister-in-laws place at 11:30, which is really prime nap time, so if I get Danny up, I can still give him a short nap before then. I was really hoping that it would be later. What time are we having DINNER that we have to be there at 11:30. I always hate eating "dinner" at 3, cause then we are stuffed, we get home, it's 7PM and we still have to eat....
Anyway, as soon as I'm done here I will get Danny up- and perhaps I can convince Michael that we don't leave until noon. It's not as if we can drive seperately. I don't really feel like going.
So one of my best girlfriends came by last night and dropped off presents for the boys. I guess about two each and something for me too. It was very nice of her and I'm grateful. So the boys will have a few presents to open, not as if they were expecting anything but hey, they have something to open. I already gave Michael the shoes I bought him, and I don't suspect he bought anything for me- even though he has had money in the week or so that he could have picked me up a pair of earrings or a book or a CD or something.... but that's ok. I don't really care. He doesn't go out of his way and buy gifts for me any other day of the year either.
I am wishing I could see my friends today and talk to them and see what's up. But I know they are all with family and overwhelmed with Christmas Cheer and I probably could not stomach it- nor would I want to spew out bad vibes at people.
I am feeling a little better this morning, except I still can't breathe. Damned Afrin.
Ok- program....
This mornings reading is "Let Go and Let God"- and the quote said, "I won't always look to God to help me when I'm too lazy to do my share of thinking."- "God helps those who help themselves."
Yes, I know and believe this. So what?- So I guess I'm going to get the kids up- let them open thier presents and play with them, I'm going to get in the shower, make the stuffing, and go to Christmas at my sister in laws house and be cheery. Act as if... Fake it till it feels good... Suit up and show up.... Perhaps if I do my part- be present and participate- it won't kill me. I will get a good meal and I won't be alone, nursing my misery. And who knows, I might even have some fun.
Merry Christmas all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As easy as it is to crawl under a rock and wish it all away, it's also amazing when you just get back into life and find out how much fun other things can be. Put Michael behind you and step back into real life! You will feel so much better! Merry Christmas!