About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

I thought of a good memory

I thought of a good memory, but I don't have time to properly write about it. About 4 years ago, it was December, my cousin and best friend Lori took me to Palm Desert. I was a birthday gift I think, to get me the hell out of town. This was before the two babies were born. Michael was in a two week rehab stint (whole lot of fuckin good that did) and we drove out in the evening. I fell asleep in the car, so I could not even think about NOT leaving town. I think we stayed two nights. The first night we got in REALLY late and missed check in so we stayed at a little Best Western or something, I think we had pizza and talked and watching VH1's behind the music on No Doubt. I think it was then that I decided that I would like to BE Gwen Stefani...just like me and half the other girls in the world. The next day we checked in to The Mojave resort. It is this 20's style place that looks like something out of a gangster movie. It was really peaceful and quiet as I suppose Palm Desert is in December. They had white bathrobes, which was super cool and I think even slippers... We spent all day walking around the shops, I think we got our nails done. I remembered thinking, as I was walking down the shops and seeing the things I could never afford to buy- that I was so relaxed and calm. That I felt so relieved from my life and even though I was out of my element- I felt better there. My element" had become uncomfortable. Up to that point I was so used to being tense and uneasy. But that weekend was the first time in a LONG time that I felt at ease. I felt safe because Michael was sort of tucked away. I did not have to DO anything. I could just BE and I know that was what Lori wanted for me. To just relax. All weekend we just talked and shopped and ate and watched TV. It was probably the best weekend I can remember, even with the eye infection I ended up getting because of all those soaps and lotions we were trying on and then rubbing my eyes!! That was pretty fun- and actually very typical to happen to me. Nothing every goes PERFECT. Anyway, thanks Lo. I'll never forget it.

No comments: