About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Made it through the day....


Well I did it. I turned in my resignation notice today. I was really nervous. But it went very well. My boss was very encouraging and said he was happy for me, and proud of me. Campbell, who used to be my boss- said some really great things. He acknowledged how much I've grown since I've been working there, and especially the last year. He made me cry- that guy always makes me cry. How many times to I have to cry in Campbell's office before I go??? But it was a good cry, and it meant SO MUCH to me to have him say those nice things. He said he was proud of me. It meant as much if he was my father. I have no idea why...well, I take that back, I guess I do.
I think there are people in our lives who drive us to walk right. To work hard, to behave. People who we want to impress because they make success seem so logical. Mark has said so many things to me that I felt were unfair and downright inappropriate, but he also said things that drove me to really important decisions in my life. Something he said once that changed alot about my life and I still try to think about was "when you are an old lady and you look back at your life- what do you want to see." and I try to think about that when I'm feeling stagnant. It's what made me decide that I DID want more children, and that I did want to have an education. I never told him that, but I will have to before I leave. I will have to say thank you...
I also got a call from the HR department at the hospital with my hire date. January 9th. So the ball is rolling, and it's all really happening. I am a little bit afraid, but I am also very excited. Telling people today about my new job, people were very encouraging to me. I really needed that. All that time in my head, just thinking about the changes, well, the committee starts in on me, and talks me out of everything I want to do. I'm glad that the next phase of my life is starting. It's about time..... = )

(The picture is of Gabe.)

1 comment:

Boysenberry said...

lol, I was going to offer some advice, but I guess you've heard enough so I'll offer my recent job change experience.

I made a cultural change between jobs. I kept getting frustrated by the difference in the way things were being done, and a different work focus. In the end, I accepted the challenge to make it "my" job. Now, it's moving along quite nicely, and I'm beyond the initial stresses.

Good luck.