About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Hello, Hello. I'm at a place called....

I have a doctor's appointment today. I've had an intermittent headache since about Friday and yesterday I was feeling dizzy on and off. I looked in the mirror, raised my arms, smiled and sang a song. No weakness, facial droop or slurred speech so I knew I was not having a stroke, but I was still feeling disoriented, and not in the good, "tequila shooter" kind of way. But in the "I need to sit down before I fall over" kind of way.

Suspecting I was hungry, I ate two more sandwiches with the fucking small bread but still felt dizzy. This morning I called the doctors office at 8:45- explained my problem. She did not have anything open until the 15th, but she'd take a message and call back. 30 minutes later she called back and said they scheduled me an appointment at 1. Viola! It's that easy.

I have no idea why the simple act of MAKING an appointment is so complicated for the e-husband or other people who refuse to see their doctor. Things like dizzy and headache can be big problems. In my case, I suspect it's some sort of inner ear infection. I've had a sore throat and my kids have been sick and I guess if I can get past the pounding headache, and the spinning room, I suspect there is pain in my ears as well.

I'll be on the Southbound 405 this afternoon, look for the weaving minivan.

  • POST APPOINTMENT UPDATE
Well my ears are fine, my chest is clear, I don't have strep (even though my throat is sore), my glands are not swollen, and my sinuses don't seem to be too sore. So what is my problem?

Dr. C looked thru my chart, glancing back at my history of crazy pills, anxiety attacks, oh and the time I cried in her office when she asked "so what's been going on?"

So she asked the question, "So how are things going, Julie? School, work, kids? How are things with your husband?"

(I can't believe she writes all that crap down!!!)

No, I did not start crying again but after I vaguely told her that e-husband had moved out, so it's just me and the kids, work is getting crazy (she knew, she sees patients at my hospital and sees the 'stroke stuff' all over the place), and I just finished midterms. It's possible that I have something viral, some inner ear virus but it could just be the chronic stress that I seem to have. Goddamn. Stress is not a diagnosis, I established this last year. Stress is for pussies.

I'm going with 'virus.' Get some rest, drink some fluids. You got it doc!

1 comment:

rob said...

Good it's mothing too serious.