About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

To the cool guy on Myspace

This is an email I got this evening.

" ur cute we should hook up sometime..."

Seriously, cool guy?? That's your best line?? I mean, on email, you've got time to think about what you're going to say. You can craft it a bit. You can work on things like sentence structure, maybe capitalization.

It's all very basic.

"ur" does not mean "You are." It means "Too lazy to think like the adult you claim to be." You're not paying by the letter.

I am known to engage in conversations with people who email me. I'm a nice friendly girl. Myspace is a big place and there are a lot of creepy people out there. While I have no desire to meet my future ex-husband via myspace, you never want to close your options. However, a girl has to have some sort of pre-screen. That's mine. You increase your chances of actually receiving a reply if you know how to put together a sentence.

I'm not even going to get started with 'hook up' as the second half of the only almost sentence you wrote. I have said too much already.

7 comments:

Christina said...

LOL
Gosh so true. I've had guys send me messages on MySpace. Cracks me up to open up a new message and its just one sentence like that. I agree...thats the best you can do????

d-man said...

What if he'd said:

" ur cute we should hook up sometime... ;) "

I reckon a well-placed smiley winkey would have won you over.

stephen said...

Still nice to look at,at what 30 something....
When on the net it seems anything and everything is game.so you have to take the good with the bad

Tammie Jean said...

I agree. I met my husband on match.com. He was one of the few men who wrote intelligently and used punctuation. Those (in addition smokin' good looks) were my prerequisites.

"ur" means he's young, I think. My brother is 21. He says "ur".

Jules said...

Tammie Jean, he was like 27.

Stephen, 30 something, yes. Something like that.

D-man, don't get all cute on me. You could say anything to me with that sexy accent of yours!

Just Me, I got a better one last night. Capital letters, a question mark at the end, and a nice compliment in the middle!!

Jules said...

He was like 27??

meh... it's my blog

Isa Kaufmann said...

excellent blog...I have linked you babe!