About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

MS Walk and my ex husband

The MS Walk was today in North Carolina, where my son (age 12) walked and ran the whole 5 miles!! His dad only did 2 miles!!!

My ex husband was diagnosed about a year ago with MS. It was a devastating shock to everyone, including me. I think he took it more in stride than I did and I spent a lot of time agonizing over it for him, and for Alex. He started treatment and it was pretty successful in resolving a good portion of the deficits for now. We are hoping that continued treatment he will live a long and healthy life.

He and I were a wrong match from the start and went from intense highs to nasty lows where we didn't speak for over a year save from notes left in Alex's backpack. While I don't know that I'd go so far as to say we are 'buddies' now- I have to admit that he's been a good father, and in times of need, we continue to be there for each other. His girlfriend April is a fantastic girl who I hope he will marry, although I don't know that I'd advise HER to marry HIM!!! (*wicked) She loves and cares for my kid as if he was her own and I could not have asked for a better person to be there while I'm not.

So anyway, the walk was today- and I'm late in doing this, but if you got a minute and a few extra bucks- make a donation. Alex walked 5 miles for his dad today. That's worth a few bucks isn't it??

National Multiple Sclerosis Society

No comments: