About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Friday, April 06, 2007

I wear crazy like a scarf on a cold day

wrapped tight around my neck...

What mental disorder do you have?
Your Result: GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder)

You can never seem to calm down and always feel anxious for unknown reasons. You tend to not be able to concentrate and have headaches or other anxiety symptoms.

OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)

Paranoia

Manic Depressive

ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)

What mental disorder do you have?

No kidding!!! This much I knew. I've been on meds for GAD for almost a year now. It helps, but I hate it. I'm not sure exactly when this started, I guess probably about 7 years ago when the e-husband was drinking. I dealt with it with St. John Wort, Evenings Primrose Oil, Midol. Later it was Xanax, as needed. In early 2006, the Xanax was necessary all day every day and that worried me. I know how addictive Xanax can be, and I also know how GOOD it is. So I saw the doctor and she put me on Lexapro. It does ok. Some days it happens regardless.

The gripping in my chest. The tighness in my skin. I feel restless, like I need to get up, walk, strech my muscles. I feel like ripping out my hair and tearing at my skin but I'm not sure why that helps. It just does. It's hard for me to communicate with people because all I can think about is running out of the room. On days like that I tend to keep to myself. I put on my ipod and my headset and I just focus on the task at hand. My heart races and my skin crawls, but my brain tends to pick up on everything and I'm on the good side of brilliant. It's a delicate balance. When I am in the right zone, I prefer to the edginess, it's just not so great for people around me.

This test said I also have OCD tendencies. Whatever with that. I thought that counting the stairs when you walk up them is normal? Doesn't everyone do that??? And you know, sometimes- it IS weird when everyone is sitting on the left side of the room, and then the person you are having lunch with picks a table in the dead center of the room. Everything is weighted strangely. You should sit on the right side. At the wall. Facing the left side of the room, with my purse on the side that is opposite the counter.

What??

1 comment:

LadyXandria said...

Apparently I seem to be a manic depressive. Go figure. Well, everybody's fucked up to some degree... why should I be any different?