About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Something I hate

small bread...

I hate small fucking bread. I buy it for the boys sandwiches, because they don't like, or appreciate expensive bread- and half the time the refuse to eat it. So I buy the cheap .99 bread and spread peanut butter (occasionally jelly if they want it) on it and they are fine. I don't usually eat sandwhiches. So it's hardly a big deal to me, and I have handle pb&j on small bread.
But today the kids were napping and I decided that I wanted a chicken salad sandwhich. I have those cans of chicken that make good chicken salad. Some mayo, even some red onion for some zip... and then I got... the small bread.

I made two sandwiches, but I toasted the second slices 15 seconds too goddamn long. So I had one small sandwhich that was tasty, but small, and then another sandwhich on two big crackers!!! What the fuck?? Bread should not be so thin that it turns to saltines if you leave it in the toaster for BARELY longer than you should. The bread was not even browned very well so it's not as if I burned it. Ugh. I was pissed. It ruined my sandwich. This is why I prefer cereal. This is why the e-husband made my sandwiches. He didn't used to fuck them up. He knew better than to hand me a sandwich on crispy bread. I don't know how to satisfy my own high maintenance food choices!! I'm screwed.

I will probably not eat anymore of the small bread, which is another reason why I will continue to buy the cheap small bread. It's not worth the extra $1.50 on good bread for the two slices of the loaf that I eat. I'll just bitch about it instead.

---

I took the Beasties to the park today. I knew that if I didn't get dressed and get out of the house I would sleep all day. Vegging all day is what we do on Saturdays, on Sunday I try to be more productive. Clean the house, or leave the house. Today I opted to leave the house. So we went to the park, and I even brought my laptop and did some homework!!! I also listened to most of the new podcast. Those crazy bitches.

The beasties were cute though, running around the big open area, laughing and chasing each other. Gabe would run up to Danny, give him the shoulder and knock him down. Ahhh, boys.

1 comment:

LadyXandria said...

Ugh... I hate cheap bread with a passion. It totally fucks up a good sandwich every time. The thing that irritates me most about it is that it's so damn dry. I mean, it feels moist enough in the bag, but once you take it out it gets hard before you're even finished making your sandwich. Blah.