About Me

My photo
Using my 40's as a do-over for my thirties, only smarter. I often mistake the bees and honey reference with the one about free milk and a cow. This might explain my whole life.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

HNT.

So the air quality almost everywhere in So Cal is "unhealthy". I live somewhat in between the fires. 20-30 miles in both directions. So I'm not inhaling pure black smoke, but it's definately grey and ashy. It is wreaking havoc on everyone's sinuses, with the Santa Ana winds and such. I am rubbing the hell out of my eyes. You can tell.

The day after I took this picture, one eye was so red and swollen half shut from all the rubbing and itching it looked like I had been hit! sexy huh??



My heart goes out to those who are displaced and/or homeless. The itchy eyes and some mildly labored breathing is nothing by comparison to the total devastation out here. This is probably the worst fire season we've had out here. The Malibu Fire is 100% contained- lets hope the rest can be soon.

You can see the latest coverage here.





12 comments:

Vixen said...

God that's scary...

You are still so, soooo pretty though... *hugs*

BTExpress said...

I feel so bad for you guys in CA. Do they do controlled burning to minimize the potential for more large fires?

Sarah said...

I have a bunch of friends that have been evacuated..

* hugs*

hope those eyes get better!

Shibari said...

Oh Jules... I hope you are ok... I am praying for ya... and kissin yer eyes...
xoxo
xxx

The Ethical Slut said...

Thoughts and prayers.

Feel better.

HHNT

Jason said...

just awful.

hhnt tho.

Bunny said...

Prayers for socal . . . you look gorgeous though!

HHNT!

Lapis Ruber said...

Long range sympathy cannot do much for anybody but you and your fellow SoCals have all of mine. Happy HNT.

TK Kerouac said...

Much sympathy...scary!

searabbit said...

I wish you will be safe until this comes to an end... Keep us informed... ;-(
HHNt in between!

Keyser Soze said...

Gads. My prayers are with you and your coast. HHNT!

Stealth said...

I have been so worried about you guys out there :(

I am thinking of you, sweetie :(